Air Conditioning Tune-Ups, what are they and why are they so important?
Just like our cars, Air Conditioning systems need frequent service (Tune-Ups) to keep them running smoothly, safely, and efficiently. Washing and waxing keeps our cars looking new. Oil changes keep our cars running smooth. Tune-ups help find little problems before they become big ones, and help keep our cars running smoothly, safely, and efficiently.
What is true for your car is also true for your air conditioning system. In fact the EPA, manufacturers, and industry professionals recommend yearly maintenance for your cooling system. They recommend this because they know that proper air conditioning tune-ups will promote longer life of your equipment, decrease breakdowns, help ensure your system will run safely, and increase your efficiency.
Ultimately yearly Air Conditioning Tune-Ups will help protect your investment and save you money on your cooling costs! Our extensive Air Conditioning System Precision Tune-Up and Professional Cleaning covers all the vital air conditioning services you need. During this service we will address the following areas:
- 1. Test thermostat – An improperly calibrated thermostat will call for more or less cooling than desired. Calibration of your thermostat insures your air conditioning system is running at maximum efficiency saving you money on your cooling costs.
- 2. Check blower motor/wheel – Some air conditioning motors and bearings require semi-annual lubrication to reduce friction and wear. The blower wheel must be clean to deliver proper air flow. This service will increase your efficiency and save you money on your cooling costs as well as extending the life of the blower motor.
- 3. Check condensate drain – A clogged condensate drain can cause severe water damage. Cleaning will help extend the life of your air conditioning system.
- 4. Replace or clean air filters – Dirty air filters will no longer filter your air and will increase resistance to air flow making your air conditioning system work harder. Keeping your filters clean will help ensure the cleanest air possible, increase the efficiency of your system, and decrease wear and tear on your equipment.
- 5. Clean/check coils– Foreign material on the indoor and outdoor coil reduces the system’s capacity to remove heat and increases energy usage. Cleaning extends life of your air conditioning system and lowers cooling costs.
- 6. Test electrical connections – Loose connections may cause improper voltage to various components causing eventual failure. Making sure all your electrical connections are secure will not only protect your system but also ensure your air conditioning system runs safely and efficiently.
- 7. Test refrigerant charge – Improper refrigerant charge, too much or too little, could damage the compressor and could cause higher cooling costs. A proper charge will not only save you money on your cooling costs but will also help extend the life of your air conditioning system.
- 8. Check amperage – Improper amperage can reduce the life of the compressor, and condenser motor. Proper amperage will increase efficiency (lowering cooling costs) and extend the life of your air conditioner.
- 9. Inspect all safety controls – Essential for proper protection of your air conditioning system and ensures your system will run safely.
- 10. Clean outdoor condensing unit– helps prevent rust and oxidation to extend the life and enhance appearance of your air conditioner.
If you need an air conditioning repair or a new air conditioning system, JM Mechanical can take care of those needs too. JM Mechanical also offers Planned Maintenance Agreements for your air conditioning system that offers additional savings and benefits!